We are on the lookout for a passionate and creative Marketing & Donor Relationship Manager to join our team at The Kusasa Project! If you are passionate about marketing, social media and branding, and want to make a difference in the lives of children in need, this could be the perfect opportunity for you! You can read the full details below:
Job Description: Marketing & Donor Relationship Manager
Imagine a place where every child has the opportunity to reach their full potential, regardless of their background or circumstances. This is the world that The Kusasa Project is working tirelessly to create.
Founded in 2007, The Kusasa Project has been providing an integral service to the local Franschhoek community through its school, The Kusasa Academy. This school is not just any school – it’s a place where 148 at-risk children from Grade 0 to Grade 4 can receive a consistently high-quality, early childhood education that sets them up for a brighter future.
We’re looking for a passionate and creative marketing and donor relationship manager to join our team. You would be supported by an existing team member with a few year’s experience in this area, while reporting directly to our Chief Operating Officer & Financial Manager.
If making a difference is an important value to you, join us in our quest to empower the next generation of South Africans.
As our marketing and donor relationship manager, you are responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies to promote the Kusasa Project’s mission and brand, and for managing relationships with donors and sponsors.
What you will be doing
Marketing Strategy & Implementation:
- Develop and execute marketing plans to promote the organisation’s mission, values, and programs
- Collaborate with the Kusasa team to ensure messaging is aligned with program goals and values
- Manage the organisation’s website and social media accounts, creating content and tracking engagement metrics
- Craft compelling stories and blog posts that engage our local and international audiences and prospective donors
- Distribute newsletters, blog posts, press releases, and other communications to our audiences and donors
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of your efforts and adjust strategies as necessary
- Act as a custodian and gatekeeper for the Kusasa brand
Donor Management & Fundraising:
- Manage donor databases and ensure accurate and timely donation processing and acknowledgement
- Develop and implement donor cultivation and retention strategies
- Develop and maintain relationships with individual and corporate donors
- Create and manage donor recognition events
- Conduct prospect research to identify potential new donors and sponsors
- Project-manage various fundraising events and activities
Who you are
- You are passionate about marketing, social media and branding
- You have the ability to work well in a team environment
- You have the ability to consult, gather requirements and deliver results
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills
- You are structured, pay close attention to details and are able to manage your workload
- You have strong organisational and project management skills
- As this is a partially remote role, you are self-motivated and able to work independently
- A diploma or degree in marketing and communications
- 3+ years experience in marketing and/or donor relations
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing social media accounts and website content
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices and experience with donor databases would be beneficial
- Own transport is essential
- Salary: market-related to the NGO sector and in line with candidate experience
- This is a partially remote role with the opportunity to negotiate days where you’d prefer to work from home / remotely
- An inspiring workplace and a chance to contribute towards making a difference to the future of our country
Please submit your CV and cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest in the position to email@example.com