How You Can Help!
Each year our trustees must raise our full budget from foundations, friends and interested supporters.
Our staff work in a challenging social and political environment with one overriding, guiding principle – It’s all about the kids!
Help us by investing in a child’s education at The Kusasa Project. We also welcome donations toward general and administrative expenses.
Why us? We have…
- A highly experienced, engaged, international, multi-skilled board: finance, legal, education, IT & telecoms, black empowerment, school governance, leadership coaching and sport
- An unbroken track record since 2006 of helping children in need
- In-depth knowledge of and relationships with the communities we serve
- An admired educational framework and methodology
- External expert advisors in all aspects of education and child development
- Passionate, hardworking and high calibre staff
- Excellent facilities
- 100% black beneficiaries for B-BBEE Socio-Economic Development scorecards
- S18A PBO approval with SARS – you can deduct donations to us from your taxable income
- All funds go directly to serve the children
Please use one of the following convenient payment methods. Please remember to include your name and surname (or company name) with your payment:
South African taxpayers
Bank: Nedbank South Africa
Account Number: 1670005186
Branch Code: 167005 and SWIFT Code: NEDSZAJJ
Beneficiary: The Kusasa Project
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a tax certificate.
South African donors may use their mobile phones to make direct donations via Snapscan or Zapper.
Secure online donation payments (including recurring donations) can be made via Payfast at the following link:
Recurring donations are also possible.
Bank: Virgin Money UK
Sort Code: 826419 / Account Number: 70128619
Beneficiary: The Kusasa Project UK
If you elect to allow us to claim an extra 25p for every £1 you give, through the HMRC Gift Aid scheme, please download the Gift Aid declaration form and send it to email@example.com.
For international donors: this will allow a quick payment and offer you the opportunity to choose to GiftAid (UK) for your donation. Go to justgiving.com/kusasa
Dutch (European) taxpayers
Payments can be made to our approved Dutch ANBI:
Name: Stichting The Kusasa Project Netherlands
Bank: RABO Bank
Account Number: 0135981468
IBAN Number: NL 58 RABO 0135981468
We are a beneficiary of The Columbus Foundation. You can make a donation to us via the foundation as follows:
- Card payments: click here
(Select “Continue as guest” if you are unable to log in).
- Electronic transfer: please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Angela Parsons) or email@example.com (Alan Harris) to obtain the bank details. Inform them of your donation and they will allocate it to the correct fund.
- Cheque: must reference The Kusasa Project and be addressed to Angela Parsons, 1234 East Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205
The Kusasa Academy is registered as a beneficiary of the MySchool Fundraising Programme. (This is a card system that allows supporters to raise funds for a school/charity every time they swipe their card at one of the partner stores. It doesn’t cost them a cent!) Some of the partner stores are Woolworths, Engen, Loot and Waltons. If you already have a card, simply update your profile online at https://www.myschool.co.za/supporter/update/.
Please make us 1 of your nominated beneficiaries (they allow 3 in total). If you don’t have a card you can register online (www.myschool.co.za), get one at your local Woolworths store, download their app or call Client Services on 0860 100 445.
Please support us! #everyswipecounts
100% black beneficiaries | S18A PBO approval with SARS | A proven track record since 2006
UMALUSI (the SA Council for Quality Assurance in General and Further Education and Training) accreditation number: 20 SCH01 00807
UK Registered Charity (Number: 1134655)
Netherlands Charity (Stichting 8511:28:002)
Affiliated with The Columbus Foundation. US Charity (EIN 31-6044264)